Saturday 9 August 2014

USA Day 16. Quieter Day along the Front

 So today was lovely and laid back, a feeling the city seemed to share as the crowds were significantly less than any other day yet the weather itself was really pretty mild!
 I walked on up to the beach and just took in the view and the atmosphere as it just looked and felt so different without the massive crowds! it's actually a really pretty spot

 I also discovered Ghiradelli Square which I hadn't actually spotted on my last trip up to this part of San Francisco (obviously  saw the giant name, but I figured it was just a hotel not a little shopping spot)
 A lovely mermaid fountain
 They're known for their chocolate and I was given a sample, all I can say is it was pleasantly surprising


 Golden Gate Bridge from the Municipal Pier
 Alcatraz

 After strolling all along the front for a few hours I popped into Starbucks to make the most of the giant sizes, cheap prices and free wifi! Oh and the wider selection of drinks!
 I decided to walk back a different way and on travels I found this beautiful old church in front of a sliver of greenery in the heart of the city
 as well as this fudge shop that sold all sorts of weird flavour combinations!

I love the little green building, and how it looks in comparison to the Transamerica Pyramid!

No comments:

Post a Comment