Tuesday 5 August 2014

USA Day 11. Goodbye LA

Goodbyes are always awful, particularly when you don't have a set date for the next time you'll see each other. Luckily me and Damien were flying with the same airline so we were in the same Terminal and Damien could sit with me right up until I boarded the plane

Once I was on, the flight flew by (love that pun) and I landed in San Francisco in no time. A jumped on another shuttle and headed to my hostel. I wanted to stay at the same place I did last time but it was fully booked so I went to their 'sister' hotel across the road the Adelaide. All I can say is it's definitely the uglier sister.

It's down a little side street, which a lot of people had called an alley in the online reviews and I can totally get why. They do have lots of cameras out the front so they can see what's going on but regardless there was a homeless man on the steps up to the hotel talking to himself (although I wasn't sure if he was talking to me). 

Once I checked in I got the lovely news I was on the third floor… and there wasn't a lift. So I got the joy of lugging my 23kg suitcase, along with my 11kg backpack up the numerous flights of stairs. 

Thankfully I got a bottom bunk like I requested because I have never seen bunk beds like these… I have to climb into the bottom bunk - literally I have to jump and use strategic foot placements! 

Also, just throwing it out there, I'm paying more for a bed in a 6 bed hostel down an alley than I did for my hotel room in Vegas. That's expensive cities for you I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment