Tuesday 26 August 2014

Canada Day 10. Mont Royal

I was promised a mountain today, instead I just got a big hill. Not overly impressed I was looking forward to a nice hike. Although given the way some people looked at the look out platform you could have easily been mistaken to think they'd just climbed a mountain!
The walk to the 'mount' was pretty, partly because I'm still revelling in all the older buildings
Once I got to Mount Royal there was some lovely landscaped sections before you get onto the trail, and I couldn't help thinking this would be the perfect spot for a picnic in summer!
There were also some roads than randomly ran up the hill (I guess if you can't be bothered to walk?)
I ended up taking these steps, and all i can say is they were a pain. And never ending. 
There were also always about 10 people one each platform attempting to catch their breath, which would have been a little funny if they hadn't been taking up all the space so you couldn't get past..
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I got to the top so I made sure to snap a picture of the view on the way up! - lots of people turned around here too which made me wonder if they simply couldn't be bothered walking the rest, or if they knew something i didn't! 
At the top the view was pretty good though!
You got great look outs over Downtown Montreal and the weather held too so no fear of rain!

The park was actually really pretty and I managed to take shelter in one of the park buildings (which was beautiful) while it rained briefly before I headed back to the hostel to back since I had an early wake up for my bus tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment