Monday 16 December 2013

Day 43 Conical Hill


 After a lovely lie in I woke up to find Mrs Jackson, a lovely lady who lives just across the street from the hostel had baked scones with homemade jam and whipped cream for everyone at the hostel! So after a lovely breakfast of scones I set off on my walk up to conical hill.
(I found out later she made them once she heard an english person was staying at the hostel!)
The walk was, as the name suggests, all up hill, which was rubbish, but the view was stunning once you reached the top. Surrounded by mountain peaks the valley spread out from the hill, filled with farm land and forest.





I’d only planned to walk to the top, spend a little time dawdling and then head back down but it was so beautiful, and tranquil – which is surprising considering the amount of people I saw on the walk up, I took the book I’d gotten from the book exchange at the hostel and promptly spent a good portion of the day reading in picturesque settings.
When I got back to the hostel later I was surprised to find Cara and Axel checking in! Apparently they’re just spending one night at Hanmer Backpackers and then another at the Japanese bathhouse instead of the original two nights at the Bathhouse. After a quick catch up we made dinner, explored the town a little bit and collapsed into bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment