Friday 13 June 2014

Facing the inevitable

It kind of just really ‘hit’ me last night – I’m leaving New Zealand. In a number of days no less.

And all the amazing people I’ve met here will be left behind. Yes, I’ve luckily become close with a lot of Europeans, which is great, but there’s a very high chance I’ll never see some of my Kiwi friends again. I don’t know if I’ll ever come back to NZ, life being what it is and flights being so expensive.

I’ll never walk that ridiculously steep hill to the management building again, or bemoan by shoes as I’m forced to tread over muddy grass every morning, or wile away the hours with amazing friends watching the sunset over the lake at momento’s, or marveling at how ridiculously clear the night sky is here (even when your in the middle of the city). I’ve never been more grateful for the fantastic opportunities I’ve been able to have, and I’ve also never been so thankfully I’m one of the last ones to leave NZ – I plan on dragging out every last minute I have the fortune to be granted in New Zealand.
Despite having a month left, my days with some friends are limited - people are dropping like flies, packing up their rooms and heading onto their next escapade. Up until last night it all just felt a little surreal but, the more I think about it, the more I realize I’m just not ready to leave such a beautiful and welcoming country. I’m not ready to say goodbye to the life I’ve made for myself here. And I’m certainly not ready to face the reality of this year being over and potentially never stepping foot here again.


But then, you’re never really ready for life. The best adventures come when you’re assuredly not ready for them, you just have to embrace the moment and learn to roll with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment