Thursday 30 January 2014

Dubai JBR

After two taxi drivers have heated words over which car I got into, I made my way over to the JBR. It was another beautiful day in Dubai with an almost cloudless blue sky and the JBR beach was perfection, crystal clear waters, light, soft golden sand, finished off with a stunning skyscraper backdrop! There weren't many facilities on the beach but running parallel to the beach is the JBR walk, one of the few pedestrian friendly areas which is lined with cafes and restaurants. 


After lounging around on the beach for a bit I went to explore the JBR area and up some stairs hidden away from the hustle and bustle of the JBR walk was this perfect sprawling oasis of calm. 
This was my absolute favourite corner of the gardens!
The view of the Marina walk which I did the other day

This hidden garden was absolutely perfect, not just because it was a lovely surprise to stumble across some greenery in the middle of the city but it was sheltered and cool because of the towering skyscrapers surrounding it, and somehow it seemed so much quieter than street level.

After finding some better maps I figured out there is a way to get to the other side of the river, but you have to walk an hour or so out of the way, but it was the only way I could catch a taxi - not a bad view along the walk either!

I stopped by the Marina mall on my way to get a taxi and picked up some Middle Eastern Treats (they're very similar to some iranian sweets I once tried a few years ago!)


No comments:

Post a Comment