Thursday 3 October 2013

Ear Piercings and Presentations

So on Thursday I had my history presentation which i was really nervous about, I'm not sure why I was so nervous as I'm normally fine with public speaking - it was probably because it was history...
In the morning I managed to skype Ffion, Nerice, Simone, Sam and Gregg which was really good to see them all, although I did tear up a little afterwards, seeing them all together made me want to be moving into the flat with them! After I finished skyping them I still had 2hours before my presentation and sitting in my room going over my notes was driving me a little bit crazy so, obviously, I got Amanda to drive me to an ear piercing studio and I got my ear pierced. Twice. 

I've wanted to get my helix pierced for a while but, 1. it hurts and 2. I just never really got around to it. The past few weeks it seems like all of us international students have gone and got our ears pierced, it wasn't planned but it seems like everyone here in New Zealand on exchange is going home with their ear pierced so I just bit the bullet and got it done.

I've got to say, I think getting the two of them done with a needle was actually more painful than my tattoo, I was very tempted to just not bother with the second after she had stabbed me with a needle the first time (needless to say I'm glad I got them both done now as I'm not sure I'd go back for the second)
Oh and I had to go first for my presentation meaning the room was full (typical), around 100 people, but I got 98%, A+ so I'm pretty chuffed with that!

That's all for now, the alcohol ban hits on Monday (don't get me started on how silly half the rules are here), along with Exam Season, so I don't think I'm going to have much to say until we get our car and start travelling in November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment